Watch me lose weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Five: 20 August 2010

Welcome to another edition of Friday Five!  This edition includes some diabetic bloggy bits, my high school, and football (which starts in 2 weeks!). 

  1. I'm anxiously awaiting my order of Tegaderm dressings to come in.  I've ran out of the ones my friend gave me to try, but they were too small to completely go over all the tape on my Dexcom site.  So my tape would just cover the top and bottom of the site, but not the sides because the Dexcom site is more oval than square.  So I looked for some Tegaderm dressings that are slightly bigger so it will completely cover my site.  These dressings are currently on a HUGE discount for 50/box, so basically a year's worth.  Another piece to add the diabetic shelf in our linen closet.  
  2. Diabetes Art Day is September 1st.  I haven't decided what I want to do yet.  Craft was never really my forte' in school.  The only crafty class I had that I really liked was a photography class I took in college.  It was fun because it was old school photography, dark room techniques and everything.  So I may break out some Hitchcock-esque photos of strips or something.  Who knows . . .
  3.  My high school starts school next week.  That's not a big deal usually, but for my high school it will be the first day in their brand new high school following the deadly EF-4 tornado that destroyed the high school and killed 8 students on March 1, 2007.  I am so proud to be from my hometown because they have shown such character in how they've persevered these last 3 years.  I can't imagine spending my high school days taking classes in a trailer at the community college.  I have a ribbon magnet in my office that is constant reminder to me to pray for my hometown:  "MAY WE NEVER FORGET.  03. 01. 07.  EHS". 
  4. I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record now, but college football starts in 2 weeks!!  I am so excited because the weather has taken a turn for the cooler this week (highs in the 90s instead of the 100s), and a couple of cool breezes have given the slight hint of fall.  I'm ready to break out my chili recipes and give some new ones a try.  I'm also excited to light up a fire in my fireplace in our new house. 
  5. I'm getting my hair cut today!  I'm kind of nervous because it's going to be really short.  But my hair has gotten too long to do anything with and it's sort of an anniversary gift to Trey (he likes my hair short).  The style that works best for me is a combination of Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama and Alice from the Twilight movies.  
 No chance for a pony tail with this cut.  What will I do?

Have a great weekend everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were from Enterprise. I am originally from Dothan, AL (born there and lived there until I was 5). My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins still live there. Spent last Christmas there. How Awesome! I love the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, how awesome! So nice to know someone else from the Wiregrass area. Yep, I lived in Enterprise my whole life, graduated in 2003. I can't wait to go there and visit the new high school.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increase in spam comments, I am requiring all commenters be registered users and every comment be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.

Recent Comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Holly and I live in north Alabama with my hubby, two cats, and a dog.